Monday, August 14, 2006

Back from vacation and 30...


This blog has been somewhat slow lately due to vacations, weddings, birthdays, and generally no time to spend on the blog. My apologies, I will try to keep it updated throughout the rest of the Summer and beyond.

My 30th Birthday was last week! The day after I turned 30 I read a message from Father Paschal (a priest at Portsmouth Abbey in RI) published in the Abbey newsletter. I will pass his wise advice on to you. He said that every day, everything (excpet for sin) can be offered up to God. On those days where you find that there isn't enough time to do what you hoped to do, where the isn't enough time to devote your attention to everything you wanted (like this blog!), remember... everything that day can be offered up for service to God, whether it is mundane or not, almost everything we do can be done for the glory of the Lord.

In the morning, devote the new day to God. On a birthday, devote the new year to serving God. When you stumble, devote the challange of rising to God.

No comments: