Thursday, June 22, 2006

Vacation....

I'm off for the next 2 weeks, so the sermons will be on hiatus.

However....

Following the lead of my favorite priest I will give updates on the books I am reading and maybe even some of the music I am listening to. After all. Vacation is a time away and there is nothing like music and books.

Books:
I am rereading the entire Hornblower saga right now. The next book (Flying Colours) is my favorite of the series and I am plowing through another favorite (Ship of the Line) to get to it. Maybe I'll start tomorrow? If you have never read teh Horratio Hornblower novels by Forester, I highly recommend them. The Prince may be a great book for (ruthless yet competent) leadership theory, but Hornblower is a wonderful series about a man struggling in the midst of things he cannot control and doing the best he can... and doing it remarkably well.

Music:
A friend of mine who has been sick lately requested Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon to get him through his bedrest. Not a bad choice. I'm a big Floyd fan. However, I have always been a much bigger Rolling Stones fan. One of my favortie albums (ever) is Exile On Main Street. If you think you like Rock, this will be your favorite rock album.

Enough of this... I'm back to vacation!

No comments: